Thursday, June 26, 2014

REVIEW: Ain't It Fun by Paramore


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEmTsfFL5A


You know, there's a reason the sub-genre is called called pop-rock. This very reason is why I enjoy acts such as Avril Lavigne and Paramore. Then again, the fact that I enjoy Paramore would be a pretty good assumption anyways as they appeared on my best songs of 2013 list, but still. They definitely have a pop sound to them, yes, but they can really make some rockin' tunes. This brings us to the song on the table today: Ain't It Fun.

Well, folks, this is gonna be a pretty short one so here it goes: I freakin' love this song. Hayley Williams asks Ain't It Fun and my response is hell yeah it is. The awesome instrumentation that I dare you not to jam out to when it comes on, the energy provided in Hayley Williams' vocals, and just everything went in to making this song as fun as possible, and holy crap is it amazing.

"But what about the lyrics," you may be asking. "Surely they're an aspect of the song you don't like." Well, you'd be wrong because I like the lyrics too. Oddly enough, the question asked in the title is actually asked ironically as it portrays mundane, everyday life. The reason it does this is because the verses are a call to the younger generation who think life will come so easily to them and they'll get everything they want that it's nowhere near that way and they'll actually have to work to get what they want. It also tells them not to just give up over the tiniest inconvenience. To those who call the lyrics generic, I ask you this: how is any of what I just described generic?

I guess if I were to have any complaints about the song, it would be that maybe the message in the lyrics wouldn't be received because of just how fun of a song this is. Another would probably be that Hayley's delivery can make some of the lyrics a little hard to understand at times. These are minor hindrances, though, and don't affect my view of the song in any real way.

Overall, this is a fun and energetic song with an awesome message to back it up. I give this song a 4 out of 5. Keep up the good work, Paramore.

No comments:

Post a Comment