Thursday, July 31, 2014

REVIEW: Believe Me by Lil Wayne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFswqe0lhkI


I....don't know how to feel about this one. I mean, it's certainly....interesting, but...man, I get the feeling I really should like this song more than I do. Oddly enough, though, I don't hate it either. Yeah, we might wanna look pretty in depth in to this one.

First off, contrary to what the popular belief is, Lil Wayne and Drake both have talent and can really show their stuff when they put effort into their work. Often times, however, we get nothing but disappointing crap like Love Me and The Motto.It's a real shame, too, because I know they're so much better than that, and why they constantly decide that they want to throw their credibility out the window is beyond me.

In this instance, though, it's strange as they don't lean toward either side when it comes to the lyricism on this track. It's ok, but far too often does it switch sides from Lil Wayne and Drake bragging about their success and saying that they'll protect anybody who tries to mess with any member of their clique, and it becomes really distracting really fast.

Next up is the beat brought to us courtesy of Vinylz and Boy-1da. It's good, certainly not too boring, but it really feels like it's missing a lot of heft or weight to carry it through all the way. It's not so much weak as it is just...average.

In the end, this song is very polarizing. I can't say I really hate it at all, but I don't like it too much either. I'm giving it a 2.5 out of 5, and we'll see how Tha Carter V turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment